The generous contributions of concerned citizens like you allow us to continue our services at no cost to our students. Your donation gives adults the life skills that will enable them to provide for and advocate for their children, and to be more productive employees and citizens. Contributions to the Council are tax-deductible.
Yes! I want to support the Literacy Council of Wake County!
Donate by mail. Donations in the form of checks can be sent to: Literacy Council of Wake County · 916 West Morgan Street · Raleigh, NC 27603.
Donate online. Online donations are processed by the Network for Good for the Council. If you would like to make a safe and secure donation online using your credit card, please click here.
In-kind Donations. We are always in need of in-kind donations. Please check out our wish list for details.
The Literacy Council of Wake County exists through the generosity of our supporters. Monetary donations and volunteer time are always appreciated, and for these, we are eternally grateful. In addition, we are in constant need of all sorts of equipment and supplies for our literacy programs and general operations.
Here is an incomplete list of our current needs:
- 1 inch plain 3-ring binders
- Laser printers (Color and B & W)
- Wet wipes and hand sanitizer
- Standard office supplies: copier paper & colored paper for brochures, envelopes, white board markers, etc...
- Snacks: goldfish, animal crackers, fruit snacks, crackers, juice boxes, lemonade mix
- Art supplies: glue sticks, construction paper, stickers, crayons, colored pencils, fat and thin markers, thin dry erase markers, watercolors, handwriting paper, posterboard
If you can help us or know someone who can help us, please do! We'll give you a tax-deductible receipt and be immensely grateful! Please feel free to contact us with any questions.